Friday, May 12, 2017

Hyperactive - Impulsive ADHD

- often fidgets with outer tasks hands or squirmed in seat.

I've seen someone talk about doodling as a form of this which I do all the time. I drum with my fingers and play finger games. I don't like staying seated for looking periods and like to sit in strange positions like cross-legged.
Applies currently and much more so in childhood (work, home, school, social).

- often leaves seat in situations when remaining seated is expected (e.g., leaves his or her place in the classroom, in the office or other workplace, or in other situations that require remaining in place.

I used to choose a seat at the edge of room so I could stand without getting in anyone's way.
Applies currently and in childhood (school, work).

- often runs about or climbs in situations where it is inappropriate (e.g., in adolescents or adults, may be limited to feeling restless).

I feel so restless, like all the time. Mom says I used to run around all the time as a kid.
Applies currently and in childhood (work, school, home, social).

- often unable to play or engage in leisure activities quietly.

I don't think so.

- is often "on the go" acting as if "driven by a motor" (e.g., is unable to be or uncomfortable being still for extended time, as in restaurants, meetings; may be experienced by others as being restless or difficult to keep up with).

Kinda? I am certainly uncomfortable sitting still for long periods of time, but I mostly fidget or multitask, or play games in my head.
Not sure if this applies.

- often talks excessively.

When I start talking, I talk a lot.
Applies currently and in childhood (home, school, work, social).

- often blurts out answers before questions have been completed (e.g., completes people's sentences; cannot wait for turn in conversation).

Sigh, yeah. I'm always completing people's sentences and I've been told repeatedly that I butt in.
Applies currently and in childhood (school, work, home, social).

- often has difficulty awaiting turn (e.g., while waiting in line).

Not really.

- often interrupts or intrudes on others (e.g. butts into conversations, games, or activities. may start using other people's things without asking or receiving permission; for adolescents and adults, may intrude into or take over what others are doing).

I do have a problem with butting into conversations, and as a kid i often used things without asking permission. With friends and family I do tend to insert myself into conversations and activities.
Applies currently and in childhood if doing it with friends, acquaintances and family counts (home, work, social).


TOTAL:
6- Applies
1 - Not sure
2 - Does not apply

No comments:

New kind of boy

I'm realizing that I can't do this Daddy/boy relationship like I have done Dom/sub in the past. I've been slipping into old patt...